What is required to use North Shore Bank's Mobile Deposit?
To deposit checks with North Shore Bank's Mobile App you will need to:
- Have an internet-enabled Android™ or iPhone® with a camera
- Be enrolled in Online Banking
- Have downloaded North Shore Bank's Mobile App on your mobile device
- Be a personal banking customer — business banking accounts are not eligible for this service — with a checking, savings or money market account.*
- Accept the terms of our Mobile Deposit Agreement (which will appear the first time you attempt to make a mobile deposit)
* Your account needs to be in good standing. Mobile Deposit privileges may be removed at any time upon management’s discretion
Is there a charge to use North Shore Bank's Mobile Deposit?
While North Shore Bank does not charge for this service, any transaction fees associated with your deposit account will continue to apply. There may also be additional data rates related to accessing the North Shore Bank Mobile App from your mobile device. Check with your wireless provider for details.
Are there system requirements for Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit works on most Apple and Android devices, however, please be advised of the following operating system requirements:
- iPhone, iPad or iPad Mini device running iOS7 or newer and with the camera enabled within the NSB Mobile Banking app
- Android OS 4.0 or higher with the camera enabled within the NSB Mobile Banking app
Is North Shore Bank’s Mobile Deposit secure?
North Shore Bank offers extensive security features to ensure that you can conduct your banking in a safe and private online environment. The mobile app is as secure as our online banking platform - utilizing the same industry-standard SSL encryption. In addition, no check images are stored on your phone. However, it is your responsibility to protect your remote device and security credentials from unauthorized access. You assume the entire risk for the fraudulent or unauthorized use of your security credentials.
Are there item types which cannot be deposited?
The following items cannot be deposited with the mobile app:
- Third-party checks
- Foreign checks
- Savings Bonds
- Returned or re-deposited items
- Post-dated or stale-dated checks
- Drafts or non-negotiable items
- Tax refund checks
- Insurance checks
Checks must be made payable to the account owner or joint owners and must be properly endorsed. Your check must include the following restrictive endorsement: "For Mobile Deposit Only North Shore Bank."
Are there suggestions for taking quality images?
Images are reviewed for clarity and completeness at the time the deposit is submitted. If errors are detected, the App will immediately prompt you to retake the photo. As a matter of course, please bear in mind the following recommendations and or requirements:
- All checks must be signed, dated and filled out completely
- Use blue or black ink
- Photos should be taken in a well-lit area
- Place checks on a flat, contrasting background (white or black tends to work best)
- Keep other objects from view
- Take the picture directly above the check and not from an angle
- Ensure that the check is within the guides and that all corners are visible
When will Mobile Deposits be available in my account?
Funds from mobile deposits made before 4:00 p.m. will be credited to your account on the next business day. Mobile deposits made after 4:00 p.m. (or on weekends or holidays) will be credited to your account on the second business day. All deposits are subject to review, and your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal subject to the Funds Availability disclosure provided during account opening. Once processed, you will be able to see the deposit in your account through online or mobile banking.
How should I handle physical checks after they have been deposited?
Once your deposit has been confirmed, keep the check for seven calendar days. After that period and once you have verified that the funds have been credited to your account, the check can be shredded.
What if I enter the wrong dollar amount?
If you key in the wrong amount, you will receive an immediate message that relates —“Deposit Submitted With Status: Needs Review, Low Confidence on the Recognized Amount.” You will then need to resubmit the item with the correct amount.
What happens if I mistakenly deposit the same check twice?
If you attempt to deposit the same check twice, the system will automatically identify and reject the transaction.
If my check is rejected, how will I know and what are my options?
If your check is rejected you should receive an immediate notification from the app. For instance if the check is not properly endorsed you will receive the following notice (click thumbnail) and will be prompted to correct the endorsement before proceeding. If the problem persits, you may still be able to deposit the item — call Customer Support at 978-573-1300 (during our normal business hours) or stop in at any of our branch locations.