Why wait until you're in a taxi in a foreign country to realize that you should have purchased your Euros or British Pounds (GBP). North Shore Bank sells and exchanges both at our Lynn Fells Parkway, Saugus branch, and we offer Euros at our Beverly, Merrimac and Peabody Square branches.
Unlike most banks, we don’t special order our foreign currency — we actually stock it in-branch. Most importantly our staff is well- trained; they can quickly hook you up and have you on your way in a matter of minutes. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- There is no minimum purchase amount required
- There is no maximum amount for NSB customers (depending on the branches inventory). There is a maximum of $3,000 (USD) per day for non-NSB customers
- Sorry no credit card or check purchases. We accept cash only for Euro and GBP purchases from non-NSB customers, and for NSB customers we accept either cash or a debit from their account
- Free for North Shore Bank customers and a low $10 handling fee for non-customers
- Competitive exchange rate — we beat the airport terminal and mall kiosks
- Upon your return we’ll even exchange the Euros and Pounds that you orginally purchased from us — up to your original purchase amount (but we do not accept foreign coins)
- There is no single exchange rate for foreign currency and rates quoted in the newspaper or online are index rates for financial markets
For further information check out our Foreign Currency Q & A
or call us at (978) 573-1300 (during normal operating hours). Otherwise, you can always stop in at our Beverly
, Lynn Fells Parkway, Saugus
or Peabody Square
branches — they’ll be happy to set you up.