Is the Euro and GBP foreign currency exchange rate the same for all banks?
- No, there is no single exchange rate for foreign currency. The rates quoted in the newspaper or online are index rates for the financial markets.
Do you charge a fee?
- Our Euro and GBP purchases are free for North Shore Bank customers, however there is a low $10 handling fee for non-customers.
Can I sell Euros and GBP to the bank?
- Yes, we'll exchange the Euros and Pounds that you originally purchased from us — up to your original purchase amount (but we do not accept foreign coins).
Can I use my credit card to purchase Euros and GBP?
- No, we accept cash only for Euro and GBP purchases from non-NSB customers, and for NSB customers we accept either cash or a debit from their account.
What is the maximum amount of Euros and GBP I can buy?
- There is no maximum for NSB customers (depending on the branches inventory). Non-NSB customers may purchase up to $3,000 (USD) per day.
What is the minimum amount of Euros and GBP I can buy?
- There is no minimum purchase amount required.