Checkbooks are so 1990s.
With a North Shore Bank Debit MasterCard® you can access your accounts anytime and from anywhere that MasterCard is accepted. It’s easier than writing a check, safer than carrying cash, and let’s not forget, your card can also be used at countless ATMs worldwide.*
In addition, all North Shore Bank Debit MasterCards are issued with EMV chips – providing you with an additional level of security when your card is used with chip-enabled readers at participating retail establishments. When not used with a chip reader, your card will still function in the same manner as your old card and can still be swiped using the magnetic strip on the back. Of course you can also continue to use it online by simply entering your card number from the front. Click here for more information about EMV cards or here to see step-by-step instructions.
The advantages of a North Shore Bank Debit MasterCard include:
- Access to your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year — online, in-store, on your mobile device or through ATMs worldwide*
- An EMV micro-chip – providing state-of-the-art security when used with chip-enabled card readers. Check out our EMV Debit MasterCard® Q & A.
- A super convenient "Deactivation/Activation" capability — allowing you to shut off your debit card through mobile or online banking, 24 hours a day, 7-days a week. Check out the easy step-by-step instructions . . .
- Enhanced security for online shopping when registered for MasterCard SecureCode™ Read more about SecureCode or register your debit card now . . .
- Complimentary around-the-clock customer service assistance for lost or stolen card reporting with MasterCard Global Services. Available anytime, from anywhere and in any language — call 1.800.307.7309 for assistance.
- Protection against unauthorized purchases through MasterCard Zero Liability. For more information about Zero Liability . . .
For further information, don’t hesitate to call a customer service representative at (877) 712-7000 (during normal operating hours) or stop in at any of our convenient branch locations.
*Non-North Shore Bank ATMs may impose a surcharge which is in addition to any fee we may charge.
Lost or stolen debit card?
If your card is ever lost, stolen or if you suspect fraud, contact us immediately by calling or stopping in at any branch office. You can also deactivate your card immediately through our online and mobile banking platforms. Click here for contact numbers or for instructions on deactivation through online or mobile banking.
Will you be traveling soon?
If you plan to use your debit card while traveling or if you are planning any "out of the ordinary" purchases, please call our Customer Support Department at 877-712-7000 (during our normal operating hours). To set up a Travel Notification through online or mobile banking, click here for easy instructions.